Is your glass shower door or enclosure broken or worn? Our expert team will use every tool in our belt to provide a quality replacement product to get your shower back in business quickly and affordable.
Replacing vs. Installing
In our business, you hear a lot about the processes of replacing and installing, but what’s the difference? When talking about installing a shower door or enclosure, we are referring to the placement of a new door or glass shower unit that was never there before.
In comparison, a shower door or glass enclosure replacement occurs when an existing unit breaks or becomes worn. In these cases, we will replace either the entire enclosure or specified parts to help maintain your shower design for years to come.
Signs a Shower Door or Enclosure Replacement Is Needed
Aside from the obvious door falling off the hinges or glass shattering to the floor, there are a few other tell-tale signs to indicate your glass shower may be in need of some replacement services:
- Discolored or Stained Glass- When the glass of your shower becomes discolored or stained, you often believe a good scrubbing will do the trick. However, after years of use, mold and mildew, as well as hard water stains, can build up among soap scum, resulting in an unappealing grungy look that is impossible to remove with cleaners. Replacing the glass in this instance is the only way to achieve the original benefits of a clean and bright looking shower you often are looking for with glass.
- Chips and Cracks in Glass- Glass is not indestructible- as most of us surely know. But even with the most careful handling, glass is susceptible to breaking. The first sign your glass door or shower enclosure has a problem is the appearance of chips or cracks. Though they sometimes can be repaired, most of the time chipped/cracked glass needs to be replaced as soon as possible to prevent injuries caused by shattering accidents.
- Water Leaking On to Floor- Have you noticed an excessive amount of water on the floor after you have taken a shower? Chances are, there is a structuring issue with your shower enclosure or glass door. Water can leak onto the floor when a shower door is not fitted properly or contains cracks that are allowing water to leak through. For enclosed shower units, framing and track issues can also cause sealant problems, allowing more water to leak through if they are not properly installed.
- Rusted Framing- Metal framing on glass shower enclosures can rust after years of use. These rust stains can become unsightly in your shower and are often hard to remove if left for long periods between cleanings. Corrosion can also occur in older showers, allowing for frames to weaken and fail.
In all these cases, our team is dedicated to finding the cause of your shower problem and providing an effective and budget-friendly solution to replacing any necessary components.
Types of Shower Replacements
At Superior Showers and More, we are expertly trained in repairing factory made shower products and unique custom glasswork. We would be happy to create a replacement perfect for your unit or provide an identical replacement for your standard shower door/enclosure if available. We are capable of providing exceptional repair services on a variety of shower styles, including:
- Glass Shower Door Replacements: Being that your bathroom is one of the most frequently used rooms in your home, your glass shower door could get a lot of use over the years. Over time, doors can crack, chip, or become loose due to weakening metal. We offer a variety of standard glass door to fit your shower, as well as a design team ready to help you create a custom door for your home.
- Glass Shower Enclosures Replacements: There is nothing worse than a dingy and warped looking glass shower, especially when the components begin to turn shades of greenish yellow-yuck! Luckily, our replacement services focus on reinventing your shower, restoring the look of a bright and clean glass enclosure with shiny new metals for a stylish look.
- Frameless Shower Doors Replacements: Modern frameless shower doors are beautiful, but can break if roughly handled- especially by tiny hands! If your frameless door is in need of replacement, browse our showroom or meet with our designers to find the best sleek new door for your style.
- Frameless Shower Enclosures Replacements: Frameless shower enclosures may not run the risk of rust stains, but they are still susceptible to wear and discoloration. To bring back the elegant appearance to your shower oasis, our technicians would be happy to help troubleshoot any issues you have to find a solution that works for everyone.
Our expertise and focus help us stand out from the competition, but our exquisite craftsmanship when it comes to glass showers ensures that we will!